Careers at Weiss Associates
Remediation Field Engineer
Mountain View, CA
We are seeking a Remediation Field Engineer to provide technical support for the company’s operation and maintenance (O&M) services for groundwater and soil gas remediation systems and environmental sampling. The position includes managing project tasks, optimizing treatment system performance, recommending modifications to treatment systems and assisting with design and construction as necessary, monitoring contractor work at construction and redevelopment sites, assessing the safety and quality of the company’s remediation work. Office and field work is required. This position is based in our Mountain View, California office.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directing field activities such as treatment system maintenance, upgrades and troubleshooting; sampling; maintenance; data collection; and water level measurements. May occasionally perform remediation system O&M.
- Monitoring contractor work at treatment systems and at redevelopment sites and document construction progress on behalf of clients/project owners.
- Preparing and assisting with field work plans.
- Communicating and meeting with project stakeholders, including clients, regulators, and property and business owners.
- Promoting a safety-conscious culture with staff and contractors.
- Orienting and training new staff in field and safety procedures.
- Collaborating with project managers on engineering design, field work planning, and system optimization.
- Participating in process improvements by assisting with updates to Weiss’s Quality Management and Health and Safety Plans.
- Supporting the company’s business development activities by meeting with prospective and current clients and providing technical support to proposals and cost estimates.
- Overseeing construction and maintenance activities performed by subcontractors.
- Performing other related work as required.
Key requirements include:
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience operating remediation systems and planning environmental sampling mobilizations. Specific experience with some or all of the following is preferred: construction oversight, electrical submersible well pumps; air stripper, carbon adsorption, and advanced oxidation treatment units; vapor intrusion mitigation system fans and blowers; and automation systems including programmable logic controllers, instrumentation, and related software. Strong mechanical aptitude/interest and ability to learn quickly may augment missing experience in some of these areas.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or similar field.
- California Civil or Mechanical Professional Engineer preferred.
- California driver’s license and DMV record acceptable to Weiss’s insurance carrier is required.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference Job #RemedFieldEng 070723.
Salary range: $80,000 - $110,000
Equal Opportunity Employer