Careers at Weiss Associates
Mountain View, CA
We are currently seeking a full-time Remediation Technician to perform operation and maintenance activities at groundwater and soil gas treatment systems. The position is based in Mountain View, California and requires travel to project sites mostly in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Air, soil, groundwater, storm water, and treatment system sampling;
- Collecting field data with portable instruments including PIDs, FIDs, water quality meters, etc.;
- Pilot testing remediation technologies including SVE, GWE, in situ bioremediation, etc.;
- Repairing and troubleshooting remediation equipment, and monitoring system installations and repairs performed by contractors.
- Assisting with stocking and coordinating maintenance of company trucks and field equipment;
- Coordinating equipment and parts ordering, and delivery;
- Researching equipment performance, price, and availability;
- Training other field staff in remediation, system installation, and O&M; and,
- Inspecting field work by staff and contractors for work quality.
- High school diploma (an AA, BA or BS degree and/or formalized technical training preferred);
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in increasingly complex field sampling and remediation treatment system operation and maintenance projects;
- Formal training or significant experience working with mechanical and electrical systems;
- A valid California driver’s license and DMV record acceptable to Weiss’s insurance carrier;
- The ability and willingness to perform field operations in varying weather conditions and in remote locations; and,
- Good communication, interpersonal and recordkeeping skills.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and refer to Job #RemedTech062623.
Salary range: $28/hour - $45/hour
Actual compensation will be determined based on candidate’s education, experience, and skill set. This pay range is for this position at the time of this posting, applicable for a position based in Mountain View, California. Based on state and federal requirements, this position is paid hourly and eligible for overtime at one and one-half times the base rate.
Equal Opportunity Employer