Careers at Weiss Associates
We are seeking a Project Hydrogeologist to lead, manage, and contribute to technically challenging environmental projects in northern California. The position will be based in our Emeryville office and may require travel to project sites throughout northern California.
- BS degree in hydrogeology, geology, or engineering
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working on environmental remediation sites, primarily in environmental hydrogeology
- Knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations
- Experience in site redevelopment
- Strong communication, interpersonal, computer, and quantitative skills
- Ability to lead multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in supervising and mentoring technical staff
- California professional registration
- A California driver’s license and a DMV record acceptable to Weiss’s insurance carrier
Additional experience in water resources and technical issues pertaining to groundwater basin management is a plus.
- Developing and executing all aspects of project management including, but not limited to, scopes of work within specified schedules and budgets
- Interacting with clients and regulatory agency staff
- Participating in business development activities and preparing proposals
- Preparing, editing, and reviewing projects, work plans, and reports
- Leading teams engaged in:
- Field sampling and hydraulic testing
- Characterizing contaminants in soil and groundwater
- Defining alluvial and bedrock stratigraphy, geology, and hydrogeology; natural groundwater chemistry and geochemical processes; and, generating and interpreting geologic and hydrogeologic cross-sections
- Developing groundwater elevation and contaminant plume maps.
- Developing hydrogeologic conceptual models
- Developing hydraulic test designs, instrumentation, and analysis
- Designing and installing wells
- Conducting numerical and analytical groundwater, and vadose zone flow and transport modeling
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Job #PRHY062623 in the subject line.
Salary range: $100,000 - $140,000
Equal Opportunity Employer